Re: How to fight with encrypted p2p

sAwAr wrote:

Hi

I believe that whole question is in topic. Is there any way to recognize ( and then shape ) p2p traffic which is encrypted? Modern p2p clients have this ability moreover some of them have this enabled by default. Now I'm using ipp2p for iptables but as I know this doesn't recognize encrypted traffic.

Thanks in advance.

Pozdrawiam
Szymon Turkiewicz
Have not tried this. An idea. P2P initiations are not encrypted AFAIK. Thus connections can be marked and related traffic shaped. If initiation is also encrypted, then I think we have a serious problem.

Mohan