RE: exporting service on multiple wan

How about conn-marking the (NEW state)packets in POSTROUTING?

-----Original Message-----
From: lartc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:lartc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mohan Sundaram
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 10:19 AM
To: LARTC
Subject: Re:  exporting service on multiple wan

Fabio Marcone wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've a routing problem. I'm setting up a router based on debian
(kernel
> 2.4).
>
> I need to setup routing to export an ftp service (ftp server is in
dmz)
> to 2 wan (both).
>
> I setup prerouting ad forward rule with no problem.
>
> The problem is that reply packet use default gateway (default wan)
even
> though they are enter using the other wan.
>
> I solved it marking packets in input from the dmz iface and force to
use
> another gateway (iproute2), but in this way I don't export ftp service
> on default wan.
>
> how I can setup routing to export ftp service on both iface?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Fabio
One way to do this:
1. Assign 2 private domain IP addresses to the ftp server and listen to
both for ftp. IP1 and IP2
2. Map one IP each for WAN address. WAN1>>IP1 and WAN2>>IP2
3. On the Linux machine, set policy routing based on src IP of reply
packet i.e. src IP1 goes thro' WAN1 and src IP2 goes thro' WAN2.

Mohan