failover with conntrackd

Hi.

Is anyone using conntrack-tools to implement gateway failover on a
network with windows clients?

I set it up with ucarp and keepalived, and found that gratuitous ARP
doesn't always seem to update the cache on Windows machines. It works
the first time, but if a second failover happens, the client continues
to send stuff to the wrong MAC address. Linux machines work fine.

I've noticed similar reports from other people, but nothing that seemed
like a solution.

Has anyone experimented with doing MAC address takeover too? That seems
like it ought to work, but I haven't tried it out because neither ucarp
nor keepalived seem to implement it; and I wondered if I was missing
something. What do other people do?

-- ams