Re: Limit Rates in more scalable and efficient way

Sometime ago i had written a bash script that read from a file
containing the list of ips and built all the needed classes.
unfortunately i do not have it anymore [hd crash and no backup :/] ,
but at least you know it can be relatively easy to automate this task.

On 10/5/07, fhartman@xxxxxx <fhartman@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm looking for a more efficient way to limit rates to different clients.
>
> Right now as I understand it, I have to make a class for every customer/ip-address I'd like to limit bandwidth.
> This means lots of configuration if i had many customers to setup traffic shaping for.
>
> I can filter for ip-ranges, but then all ip's of that range share the set bandwidth of the class.
> I'd like a fixed rate for every ip in a group without configuring classes for each address!
> It's a lot of work to configure thousands of ip addresses if I have make thousand classes for it.
> Adding, Deleting and Processing won't be very efficient that way.
>
> Is there someone who had the same problems and got to a solution or am I just asking too much?
>
> regards
> Fabian

[]'s
Salatiel

"O maior prazer do inteligente é bancar o  idiota
   diante de um  idiota que banca o inteligente".