Problem with Julian Anastasov's routing patches

Hello,

I wanted to try some multipath setup with Julian's patches, and when rebooting on the newly patched kernel, without any multipath routes (only one interface up and one default gateway), my SSH connections to the server freeze after a few seconds. I tried with and without bridges (I sometimes have a bridge between a tap device and my eth0) with the same results.

When I close and try to reconnect, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but when it does the client (on my laptop) always stops receiving data from the server after a random time, between 1 and 60 seconds approximately. Also HTTP connections to the server's apache daemon seem to suffer from this problem, and I usually have to "reload" the page from my browser several times in order to have a complete page (it usually stops in the middle of the page loading).

Tracing with tcpdump on the laptop, the connections seem still up (the server sends ACK packets, and when closing the console on the laptop, I can see the FIN stuff closing TCP connection successfully), but the ssh console is frozen on the laptop (no real replies from server apart from ACK).

I tested several times with and without the patches, and it strongly appears to be related to Julian's patches.
- Is it a known issue for these kernels (2.6.21)?
- Is there a way to repair that in order to be able to use these patches?

I'm using a vanilla kernel 2.6.21.7 with the following patches:
- IMQ
- Layer 7
- Julian's route patches (version for kernel 2.6.21)

relevant parts of .config:
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH=y
# CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_CACHED is not set
# CONFIG_BRIDGE_NETFILTER is not set
# CONFIG_BRIDGE_NF_EBTABLES is not set
CONFIG_BRIDGE=m

Thanks for any help,