Re: DNAT PREROUTING issue with IPTABLES

Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:

    I have not added it to prerouting chain. I added just
now. Forward, input and output chains have it.

PREROUTING must not have it. Only the three filter chains and only if you use the state machine.

telnet 2.3.4.5 <http://2.3.4.5> 25

it accepts, It works.

OK, so DNAT at the second firewall works already. I missed that.

Now what I need is that I want to telnet to first firewall, then, it will forward to second firewall, second firewall will forward to actual mail server.

Yes I got that.

Anyway, it's hard to guess without seeing all the rules of the first firewall. Do any other DNAT's at the first firewall work already?

Is forwading enabled? "cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward" should be "1".

Oh, and by the way. I assumed your routing is in place. Is the the second firewalls default route (gateway) the first firewall?

You can look at it with "ip route list | grep default".

If 1.2.3.4 and 2.3.4.5 are both external IP's then it's probably the problem.

--
Aleksander Kamenik
system administrator

Krediidiinfo AS