Re: Question about how TC enforces bandwidth limiting

Ok, I'm almost to tearing my hair out now...

I am trying to do more proper ingress policing as Martin has said I do. But every tutorial or example I have seen on traffic shaping with tc says very little (if anything at all) about ingress policing. I have tried a few methods to get this to work including: adding qdiscs to it (failed), adding filters that would give it a FWMARK to classify with (failed), adding HTBs to it (failed). I finally gave up and just routed all the ingress to the same root as I have no idea what the heck I'm doing.

Can someone please provide me with an example of how to split ingress policing so that I can achieve what Martin is saying I need to achieve?

Vadtec