Re: Question about how TC enforces bandwidth limiting

Martin A. Brown wrote:

So, I am at a total loss as to why this isn't working. Well, not a total loss, but enough of a total loss as to disable some of the shaping I had been using that was giving me fits. I think it's much better for
me to let the default class handle everything and go from there for now.

As I said above, can you provide a simple example of how to filter with tc? I think filtering in tc will be
both more appropriate and less hassling.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me with this. I am by no means a noob to networking, but when it comes to traffic shaping, I might as well be. Though, on a positive note, at least I've been able to properly shape some traffic, like IRC. :) (I'm also going to contact the developers of my torrent client and ask them about port range limiting. And why it doesn't seem to be working.)

Thanks again,

Vadtec