Re: cpufreq affects rate in, at least, htb

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 09:47:38 +0200
DervishD <lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>     I've tested this and having a cpufreq that slows down the CPU
> affects the rate of HTB. My ondemand cpufreq governor scales down the
> CPU frequency about 40% and this is more or less the slowdown the rate
> suffers, 40%.

This is expected behaviour when CONFIG_NET_SCH_CLK_CPU is defined:

	Say Y here if you want to use the CPU's cycle counter as clock
	source.

	This is a cheap and high resolution clock source, but on some
	architectures it is not synchronized on all processors
	and doesn't handle cpu clock frequency changes.

>     Any known way of dealing with this without having to disable
> cpufreq?

Yes, specify a different clock source in your kernel configuration.

--atj