Re: Traffic shaping PPPoe encapsulated packet

Samit wrote:
Hi,

I want a way to  traffic shape pppoe encapsulated pkts based on its
src/dst Ip address. Is there any way I can mark pppoe encapsulated pkts?

I don't know what you can do with iptables now it's X tables.

If you have the ppp interface on the shaping/netfilter box then you will see ip from/to it anyway.

If the pppoe is just passing through then you should be able to make a u32 filter to match parts of the packet. Use tcpdump -e to see the ethertype protocol number for pppoe data frames and make a filter to match that number, then I guess the IP part will be at an offset of 8 more than the normal offsets. You will need to use u32 to match the src/dst addresses in hex. I have never done it, but it should be possible.

tc filter add dev $DEV protocol $PPPOE prio 1 u32 match u32 0xc0a80001 0xffffffff at 20 flowid ....

should match src 192.168.0.1 use "at 24" for dst.

Andy