Re: Limited number of bands in PRIO qdisc

Hi!

Am Mittwoch, 22. August 2007 21:27:52 schrieb Andy Furniss:
> Patrick Reinhardt wrote:
> > returns: 'RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument'
> I got a better error message than that -
>
> "priomap" index > TC_PRIO_MAX=15
>
> Greping for TC_PRIO_MAX shows it's in both kernel and iproute2's copy of
> the headers - I don't know if you need to do both or not - but I would
> and recompile kernel and tc
Thank you very much for this hint. Unfortunately my current idea would require
about 1000 bands:

To emulate a wireless network I have to assign a packet loss depending on the
target IP address. The idea was to use a PRIO qdisc with n bands for n nodes
and use filters to assign packets to the appropriate band depending on the
target address.

Since I am unsure about side-effects of an alteration of TC_PRIO_MAX to a
signifficantly higher value, an alternative would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick