Re: two providers

On 8/21/07, mangal regmi <mangalregmi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi to all
i think this is not a new problem for this forum....but its newest for me as i m a new  linux lerner. Even if it is new plzz....reply me ur answer..n if its already asked n have solution..plzz forward the solution.  My problem is here mentioned:
I have fedora core 4 as a linux server. there r two external links connected to this.

I there are 2 external links, What is the file /etc/sysconfig/network like?

Can you witre down the file?

the settings are as: eth0 ->for internal (that is for LAN)
                             eth2 ->dsl connection
                             eth1 ->cable line connection( this connection has no gateway and netmask address provided so this is connected via ppp0. this is provided from ISP via DHCP but have the fixed ipaddress) Hey, What is this FIXED ip address? Is it a perment address?

YOUR eth0 of Fedora Server is for internal (that is for LAN)
YOUR eth2 of Fedora Server is connected to the dsl connection.
YOUR eth1 of Fedora Server is connected to the cable line connection. It has a ip.

i want to use these two link to provide the internet in my LAN where there are about 8 to 10 computers. i want that if any of the link goes down ...the other should  continue the internet ...n also while both the links r up..the load should be shared   between these two links....so that the net conection and downloads be faster....

i have heard about the scripts....that can do this....but i have no idea how to write these...scripts. i need these  to be on after reboot also...

To come up the script after the reboot, There are two ways. Either you have to write everytning IN /etc/rc.d/rc.local or write the script as a seperate file and and make it executable by using chmod.

Pls see bellow.

first create the file as follows.

touch /etc/rc.d/loadbalancing

then , By using vi editor write the script and save it as usual. Then , Make it executable as follows.

chmod 755 /etc/rc.d/loadbalancing

and finally add PATH OF THE SCRIPT to /etc/rc.d/rc.local file as follows.

etc/rc.d/loadbalancing

That's it. Now, whenever you reboot the system, the scripts also comes up with the system.

i tried my best and i also refered the lartc.org ..but i could do a little only.

WHAT I DID: it works very well if i connect both of the links and the default path is  via ppp0. but suppose if that is(ppp0) disconnected then the dsl connection can handle only upto 15/16 seconds. after that it  disconnects . whats the solution ...plzz...as..soon as..possible...help..me...i m in big trouble....
UR SMALL HELP WILL BE A BIG BOON FOR ME

COULD YOU PLS write down your RULES . then, I will be able to help you.

Remember that i don't have gateway and netmask of eth1 connection. it has  ip address only.it is NATed via ppp0. and also my all working are based on lartc.org only...in case of dsl connection i have just replaced the ip and gateways with my ip and gateways....n in case of ppp0 conection i have put ppp0 in the place of  gateway n netmask  and in place of ip i have given the ip of that link.

The above paragraph is not so clear.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Thank you