disable TCP slowstart ?

Im trying to improve my internal apache proxy. It has to deliver a lot of
little/medium sized files. But every transfer starts with the usual small
window size. While this is good for internet connections it is not as good
for only internal connections where the environment is sane.

I have tryed to tune initial window size via

 /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_congestion_control

tryed already bic,highspeed and vegas. Some will increase the window size
faster, but all start with same low window size. So i'm asking if there is
a other way to eighter disable TCP slowstart completely or at least increase
the inital window size.

Thanks for any help,hint in the right direction.

I know, this will only improve miliseconds per transfer, but it's worth a try.

regards,
      Paul