Re: Allocating 64 kbits/s out of 256 kbits/s for one LAN behingfirewall

Hi,

Thanks for your script. I am still a newbie to this traffic control. I have only done polcy routing with iproute2.

I was thinking how to write this script. You have already given a start.

I have been reading Below URLs.

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.qdisc.classful.html
http://edseek.com/~jasonb/articles/traffic_shaping/linuxtc.html
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Traffic-Control-HOWTO/index.html
http://edseek.com/~jasonb/articles/traffic_shaping/classes.html#qdiscex

But, I still find it dificult to understand fully.

Hey, shall We disculls the script you wrote below .

I understand below 4 rules. last rule marks 192.168.102.0/24 traffic as 5

INTERFAZ_INT=eth0

BAND=256

BAND_CLIENTS=64

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s 192.168.102.0/24 -j MARK --set-mark 0x5

But, I do not understand below rules.

shall we discuss one by one.

tc qdisc add dev $INTERFAZ_INT root handle 1 htb r2q 4

the above rule adds  a qdisc to internet interace. what is r2q ad 4 there ?. I do not understand those two.

tc class add dev $INTERFAZ_INT parent 1: classid 1:2 htb rate "$BAND"Kbit

FULL bandwidth with above rule.

tc class add dev $INTERFAZ_INT parent 1: classid 1:5 htb rate "$BAND_CLIENTS"Kbit

and 64 kbit  with above  with above rule.

tc qdisc add dev $INTERFAZ_INT parent 1:5 handle 5 sfq perturb 10

What is this above rule?, I don not understand at all.

tc filter add dev $INTERFAZ_INT protocol ip parent 1: pref 1 handle 10 fw classid 1:5

I do not understand the above rule too.

hope to hear from you.

Feel free to ask to me what you wish.

THAKS for above comment.