Re: bandwidth aggregation between 2 hosts in the same subnet

On 07/30/07 15:48, Ralf Gross wrote:
I tried this setup a while ago. Both hosts were connected to a Cisco
switch. On the linux hosts I created bond0 interfaces (round robin)
and the switch ports on both switches were configured as Port
Channels.

Seeing as how this is a short coming of the switch I don't think that having the Linux box solve this on layer 3 will do any good. Mainly this is because the switch that the Linux box is connected to will still only use one of the ports in the EtherChannel group to send the traffic out, thus yielding a drop in throughput no matter what.

In short, I think you are going to have to solve your switch(s) Layer 2 problem before you do any thing else. Sorry. :(

Grant. . . .