Re: Definitive way to aggregate bandwidth using multiple links

On 07/26/07 00:55, Dâniel Fraga wrote:
Mayeb some kind of bonding, but the problem is that the 2 points of your VPN aren't directly connected, otherwise you could use Bonding or TEQL. There's EQL for serial links, but you'd have to install it on both ends...

*nod*

The only thing that comes to mind that would facilitate true aggregation of multiple links would be to have a server on very high bandwidth that you could create multiple tunnels (IPIP / IPSec / GRE) to and have it aggregate the multiple tunnels together and then use the aggregated tunnel as your larger pipe to the world and do all your NATing at that end so the world would see you from one largish connection.

At least in theory this is sound with Multi-Link PPP. However I do not know of any one that has done this. I suppose this would be a decent service if someone could make it turn key. Would any one care to jointly work on something like this? I could locate a box on an OC-3 for testing purpose, but not long term production, at least not with out paying hundreds per month.

I suppose such a service should support IPSec, IP in IP, GRE, L2TP, PPTP tunnels. What else? Would it be better to aggregate the tunnels in to one large logical router or rather multiple smaller UML / VMWare routers per client so the client could have control over the remote end? What about IP address space? Thoughts / Opinions?

Grant. . . .