Re: custom routing (two gateways)

On 07/09/07 13:07, Christian Parpart wrote:
I tried here several approaches, like adding custom routing tables, and modifying the tables (including main) either I got no answers routed to the FW or no traffic got routed to the LB.

I think you were on the right path.

I would set up a custom routing table for traffic associated with the load balancer to use. This load balancer routing table would use the load balancer as the default gateway.

You would then use ip rule(s) to determine which traffic would deviate from the normal default routing tables and use the load balancer routing table. This could probably be done based on source port on the web server, or based on connection / packet marks in IPTables. However you do it, you will probably need an additional routing table.

Keep going the direction you were, or perhaps post some of what you did try and let us take a look at it to see if you were close.

Grant. . . .