Re: HTB and ATM patch

Edouard Thuleau wrote:
Hi all,

I patch my kernel (2.6.17) and my tc (iproute2-2.6.18-061002) utilitie for
an accurate packet scheduling on an ATM link.
I configure my HTB hierarchy on the upload of the link and try with
differents flows.

It works correctly but in some of case I lose about 50% of my bandwith.

That's what dsl/atm is like for some packet sizes, eg. an empty windows ack = 40 byte IP packet, but 2 ATM cells = 106 bytes on the wire.

I use the overhead (42) configuration for my link (PPPoE, VC/LLC) indicate
in the documentation.
My question is, how this hoverhead value is calculate ?

http://ace-host.stuart.id.au/russell/files/tc/tc-atm/

I try to separate the streams with the lentgh of the packet in differents
classes and put a specific overhead for each one, but I don't know how
calculate it. Do you think it's a good solution ?

You don't need a different overhead just 42 for all classes (assuming you are shaping on the ppp device - you can take 14 from the 42 if the ppp terminates elsewhere any you are shaping on eth)

Is it necessary to put the atm, nohyst options and configure the overhead

for the mother class ?

I would put overhead 42 atm nohyst after every rate - so yes.

Andy.