Re: infinite amount of data for HTB burst

(Sorry for following up on myself.)

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 16:28:20 +0200, ERSEK Laszlo wrote

> Short version: is there a way to specify infinite burst for HTB?
> (Infinite amount of data to use the "ceil" rate.)
> [...]
> I got the impression from
>
> http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/manual/userg.htm
>
> that I wouldn't need "burst" at all. However, without "burst",
> borrowing didn't work.

I unfortunately overlooked the part

"A root class, like other classes under an htb qdisc allows its children to
borrow from each other, but one root class cannot borrow from another. [...]
we have to create an extra class to serve as the root and put the classes that
will carry the real data under that."

In the end, the task was solvable with a single HTB qdisc (no PRIO needed).

Sorry again for the noise.

lacos