Using Julian Anastasov's 'routes' patches on 2.4 kernel in conjunction with IPSec

Hello,

I use Julian Anastasov 'routes' (to be more specific: static_routes,
alt_routes and nf_reroute) patches on a 2.4.32 kernel. On the same host I run
IPSec. I have discovered after a few hours of networking problems that,
when IPSec is enabled on that patched kernel, inspecting packets with tcpdump
while arping-ing a host from a network physically connected to this machine,
the arp requests show up on the ipsecX interface instead of the ethX
interface. When IPSec isn't running, Julian's code works fine. I suspect it
has something to do with having two interfaces with the same data (ipsecX
mirroring the configuration from ethX).
Can anyone give me a hint on how could I solve this problem? I've googled a
long time to no avail and I don't have the necessary skills to debug the
networking code from kernel.

Cheers,
Seba.