Re: ATM [Cell Tax]

Gustavo Homem wrote:

On Wednesday 20 June 2007 21:04, Nate Fuhriman wrote:
I have read the thread at
http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2006q1/018287.html
and still don't know how to fix this problem. It appears alot of work
has gone into it but the HOWTO is so out of date it doesn't even begin
to addresses this method.

So here are my questions
1. what is the current state of these patches? are they in a specific
version? do i have to patch myself?

Yes - but I think they'll need fixing up a bit for the latest tc/kernels.

2. how do i actually use this once patched in? an example script would
work great!

TBH I am not sure as I still use a simpler version. I expect it says somewhere here

http://ace-host.stuart.id.au/russell/files/tc/tc-atm/

3. is there a table for us mere mortals that describes how to figure
out which type of adsl/atm i'm using so i can set the appropriate
overhead?

You may be able to see from your modem/router settings or perhaps your ISP/teleco will have the info.

If you have a lowish uprate and get steady ping times you may even be able to work it out from that - if all else fails. Likewise if you can get a cell count from your modem you could deduce it with ping.

If you do find what your overhead is, you will need to take 14 from it if you connect to your modem via eth, but not if you shape directly on the ppp.

4. Does someone know if there's a plan for the inclusion of these patches on iproute and the kernel?

They almost got in, but a different way was suggested and neither happened.

Andy.