RE: Linux bridging and cascaded switches

> On the bridged firewall - The simplest/ easiest/ well tested
> method would be to run ebtables. A more complex method used
> before the arrival of ebtables involved pseudo-bridging.

Yes - thanks.  I've been trying some ebtables experiments.  Layer 2
filtering - takes some getting used to!

More fundamentally, can I cascade these switches and my bridge/firewall
this deep?  How do the Internet router and internal servers find each
others' MAC addresses when they are 4 "hops" (OSI layer 2 hops)
separated?  Or am I making this too complicated?

> Internal---User---Core-----Firewall---Internet---Internet router
> Servers   switch  switch  (Bridged)    switch   (and default GW for
>                                                  internal servers)

Thanks

- Greg