Re: Why does this script noet work (bandwidth, tc en u32)

Hi Mark,

After changing the script in this way it seems to work (MI think that
this is what you mend with attaching the filter to the root qdisk):

# downlink
tc qdisc del dev eth0 root

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 100mbit
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:2 htb rate 1mbit ceil 10mbit
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1: protocol ip prio 1 u32 match ip dst 172.31.1.1 flowid 1:2

# uplink
tc qdisc del dev eth1 root

tc qdisc add dev eth1 root handle 1: htb
tc class add dev eth1 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 100mbit
tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:2 htb rate 1mbit ceil 10mbit
tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1: protocol ip prio 1 u32 match ip src 172.31.1.1 flowid 1:2

> One thing I find useful (especially when debugging) is to replace the
> default fifo qdisc on the leaf with one that _does_ maintain statistics
> - which you can see with 'tc -s qdisc show dev ...'. Makes it a bit
> easier to see where your traffic is going, and if that matches your
> expectations/intentions.
Could you elaborate on this? Which "other fifo qdisc" that maintains
statistics? Any hints on the right syntax?

TIA

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld