Using tcng to create a basic DiffServ router

Hi all,

I am new-ish to Linux tcng and am struggling to find the resources and know how to implement what I need.

What I have is a PC with 2 interfaces and a control program on that PC. In the control program I can specify an IP Flow with source and dest IP address, source and dest port, and a QoS class (1-5 which can be mapped to a DiffServ class) - in the control program I want to be able to add these IP Flows to the traffic control rules on the fly, and also to be able to remove them.

As I see it:
When I enforce IP Flows in the router both interfaces must mark (according to the QoS class) and forward packets that fit the criterion (IP addresses, and ports). When I remove IP Flows from the router I need to be able to remove these rules I need to setup a basic DiffServ router such that each interface queues and shapes traffic according to its DiffServ class

I thought of using IPTables to mangle the dsmark field of the packets as they come in and to forward the packets from one interface to another- I can add and remove these iptable rules on the fly. Does this sound correct, or is there an easier way to do this using the tcng package?

Also does anyone know of a basic tcng configuration script that sets up a basic DiffServ router with BE, EF, AF1, AF2, AF3 classes? (A big ask, I know!)

thanks and regards,
Richard