Re: IFB & 802.1q

Afshin Tajvidi wrote:

So more precisely my question is which commands are to be used to
redirect flows outgoing from eth0.10 and eth0.20 to ifb0 ? (I don't want
to create separate QoS trees for eth0.10 and eth0.20 because the
borrowing feature of HTB interests me).

I've used :

tc filter add dev eth0.10 parent root protocol ip priority 10 u32 match
u32 0 0 flowid 1: action mirred egress redirect dev ifb0
tc filter add dev eth0.20 parent root protocol ip priority 10 u32 match
u32 0 0 flowid 1: action mirred egress redirect dev ifb0

But this do not work! (the ifb0 is always empty) Maybe I miss something
or simply IFB does not allow to do global limitation as IMQ does.

You need a classfull qdisc on the egress interface to get the redirect to work. If you redirect from eth0.X then protocol ip should be OK.
Try -

tc qdisc add dev eth0.10 root handle 1:0 prio

tc filter add dev eth0.10 parent 1:0 protocol ip priority 10 u32 match u32 0 0 flowid 1: action mirred egress redirect dev ifb0

Andy.