From: Luciano Ruete [mailto:luciano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:46 AM
To: Salim S I
Subject: Re:  Multihome load balancing - kernel vs netfilter

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 03:16:47 you wrote:
> None of the load balancing techniques I have come across seems to
cover
> 'IP-Persistence'. For example, a session with several connections (for
> which no conntrack-helper modules exist), will have problems, as its
> connections will be routed through different WAN interfaces. Some
> servers are very particular about the source IP of the packets they
> receive. I suspect online gaming and instant messengers will have
> problems with load balancing. How is the experience of other people in
> here?
>
> A rewrite of 'recent' match to include both source and destination may
> turn out to be a solution, albeit with low performance. Any other
ideas?

In this same thread a CONNMARK solution was exposed, and this same
CONNMARK
solution was openly discused several times in this list.

All the cases that you mention (online gamming, instant messenger) and
all
other that you do not mention are solved having a connection-aware
firewall,
which is capable to route over the same link packets that belongs to the
same
logical connection, this is achived perfectly using netfilter CONNMARK.

Regards!
--
Luciano