Re: Load balancing using connmark

hi people

Francis Brosnan Blazquez wrote:
> I've been implementing a load balancing solution using CONNMARK, based

> After giving a try during several days, I've found that another firewall
> solution, shorewall [2], implements built-in load balacing for free by
> using the following set of instructions:

did somebody try the shorewall solution with centos 4?

with centos 4 and the first solution i always had the problem, that it
routes correctly only for passing through connections (forwarded).
connections starting from the machine or hoing to the machine
(input/output chain) had exactly the same behaviour as you stated before.

i noticed with centos 4 that packets do not pass the prerouting magle
chain if going to the local host (passing the input filter chain
thereafter). therefore certainly the mark will not be restored and there
will be no influence on the routing decision.
someone noticed similar behaviour?

peter

--
:: e n d i a n