Re: HTB and burst...

Michael Fincham wrote:
Hey everyone,

For some reason my htb configuration isn't allowing any class to burst
up to its ceiling ever, even when the link is only being utilised by one
class that class only ever gets its assigned rate and exactly that
assigned rate...

The hierarchy I have is 1: at the root with no default, then 1:2 and 1:3
under that, both with assigned rates, then 2: and 3: under those
respectively with defaults configured. Iptables marks the packets based
on incoming interface which then get filtered to either 1:2 or 1:3 and
filtered again, shaped accordingly etc... All classes and qdiscs are HTB

Any ideas anyone?

It could be to do with clock Hz - your burst needs to be large enough to reach rate/ceil per tick.

Andy.