Re: AW: tc (CBQ) and UDP packets

Pablo Fernandes Yahoo wrote:
Hi Andy and All,

Thank you so much for your explain. I really apreciated it. I was thiking
about this UDP question and bandwidth shaping... i saw the same udp
connections pass through the shaping of the cable modem and CBQ in a linux
box.

As I said I've not used CBQ - The LARTC section does say it is hard to configure and may not always work.

Anyway, this is an example of my CBQ configuration.... Is it ok? This
configuration can carry on maximun of 1500 users. After 1500 users, the
process ksoftirqd spend 99% of CPU fulltime and the connections get very
crap. I'm telling this just because it could help to see if my
configurations are o kor wrong. Here it goes:

I also haven't tried shaping at ISP sized configurations.

One thing I notice is you attach TBF to classes, I don't see that in the examples.

If the ip addresses are in groups it may be better to read the hashing filters section of the howto and see if the filtering can be optimised.

Maybe someone with more experience of big setups can help you more than me. As a customer I quite like being policed rather than shaped, so that could be something to look into.

Andy.