two routes, non-permanent higher proiority

Hi LARTC experts,

Can you help me with this scenario?  I have been
lurking on this list for a while, but I am very green
wrt advanced routing.

I have a slackware linux based server in a vehicle with
a high bandwidth satellite connection which is only
available while the vehicle is stationary.
This satellite connection comes in via eth0.  But while
the vehicle is moving or stationary, we can use a
CDMA modem via a ppp0 connection coming in on
a serial port, but it is much lower bandwidth.

The vehicle operator should only need to park the
vehicle, press the "engage the satellite" button, and
as soon as the link is established, the satellite is
the preferred path to the internet.

There will be traffic coming both from the router and
from wired and wireless devices on private network.

Looking forward to your advice.

-Bob