AW: tc (CBQ) and UDP packets

Hi Andy and All,

Thank you so much for your explain. I really apreciated it. I was thiking
about this UDP question and bandwidth shaping... i saw the same udp
connections pass through the shaping of the cable modem and CBQ in a linux
box.

Anyway, this is an example of my CBQ configuration.... Is it ok? This
configuration can carry on maximun of 1500 users. After 1500 users, the
process ksoftirqd spend 99% of CPU fulltime and the connections get very
crap. I'm telling this just because it could help to see if my
configurations are o kor wrong. Here it goes:

tc qdisc del dev eth1 root
tc qdisc add dev eth1 root handle 1 cbq bandwidth 100Mbit avpkt 1000 cell 8
tc class change dev eth1 root cbq weight 1Mbit allot 1514
tc qdisc del dev eth0 root
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1 cbq bandwidth 100Mbit avpkt 1000 cell 8
tc class change dev eth0 root cbq weight 1Mbit allot 1514

tc class add dev eth1 parent 1: classid 1:5 cbq bandwidth 100Mbit rate
135Kbit weight 10Kbit prio 5 allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 130 avpkt 1000
bounded isolated
tc qdisc add dev eth1 parent 1:5 handle 5 tbf rate 135Kbit buffer 10Kb/8
limit 15Kb mtu 1500
tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 100 u32 match ip dst
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/32 classid 1:5

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:5 cbq bandwidth 100Mbit rate
40Kbit weight 10Kbit prio 5 allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 130 avpkt 1000
bounded isolated
tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:5 handle 5 tbf rate 40Kbit buffer 10Kb/8
limit 15Kb mtu 1500
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 200 handle 5 fw classid
1:5
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 100 u32 match ip src
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/32 classid 1:5

I have this last 2 blocks of commands for each user in my ISP. We sells the
speeds: 100Kbps, 150Kbps, 200Kbps, 300Kbps, 450Kbps, 600Kbps, 1000Kbps,
1500Kbps, 2000Kbps. At the example i showed an 135Kbps/40Kbps connection,
but it is an exception... we do not have this speed.

I will appreciate any help... really. Thanks a lot in advance.

Pablo Fernandes