RE: equalize / ecmp not working as expected in 2.6 vs 2.4

example using average or n-th, and then use ip rules to send half of the
packets vía one router and the rest to the other router according to the
marks you set with iptables.
>Just a question ¿ dont you have problems with your source IP and the
returning responses when you are sending packets from one connection over
multiple routers ? ¿ do you have something like an AS ?

>Best regards,
>Eric Janz
>

>Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Enviado por: lartc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>10/04/2007 14:36
>Para
>"'lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>cc
>
>Asunto
>  equalize / ecmp not working as expected in 2.6 vs 2.4

Eric,

Could you give me a example of how to do that? With nth if possible...

It is not common for a ISP to support that sort of setup, but they do
http://aaisp.net.uk/aa/aaisp/multiline.html

Each line has two ips, one for the router and another for the interface on a
linux box or other device, the isp routes a larger /28 down both lines, and
allows packets with source address in the /28 range to be sent through both
lines.

On my linux server I have a routing table for each line with the necessary
routes to make each router ip reachable, and a default route that equalizes
over both router ips, it worked with 2.4 but with 2.6 it seems to be
per-flow instead of per packet.

I can login to a control page app on the ISP website and configure which
lines a given block is routed down, and they also do really good traffic
monitoring etc http://www.aaisp.net.uk/cqm.html

PS. Please reply below original posting, not above!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting

Andy

JOSEDV001TAG