Re: Re: tc questions

First of all, I want to thank to Christian and Andy for answer me.
Hi to all!

> mhmh, I think you are a little confused here. I would recommend
> reading both the document on HTB pointed out by Andy and the
> general LARTC howto.
I will.

> Traffic control defines different object types:
>
> - qdisc (queueing disciplines: how packets enqueued/dequeued)
>   HTB is one kind of qdisc.
>
> - classes (a mechanims for organizing packets inside qdiscs)
>   Only classfull qdiscs allow you to create classes ...
>   HTB is a classful qdisc.
>
> - classifiers (used to define filters to map traffic to classes)
>
> - classifier extensions: legacy policers and actions.
>   (one of the action types is "police", which replaces the legacy
>   policers)
Oh!!, now I understand!!

> >> The default pFIFO qdisc that get attached to the classes are not
> >> shown by the above command.
> >
> >...and which is the command that will show them??
>
> There is no command that does that.
> If you really want to see them, you can explicitly attach a pFIFO
> queue to the classes.
I can do that, but I even have more problems: if I attach a qdisc to a class
(lets say, attach an sfq qdisc to an htb class) and the class node is not a
leaf, then when I do `tc qdisc show dev eth0` it doesn't show me the qdisc
attached. Why? How can I get its statistics?

>   for each level L (starting from the leafs)
>     for each  priority P (starting from the highest priority)
>       for each class C with priority P at level L
>         serve class C
hmm, that make sense for me

> Regards
> /Christian