Re: Help needed with HTB

Edgar Merino wrote:
Hello, a few days ago I sent an email asking for help with my tc htb rules I've got (a script), but I'm not sure if that email got to you... anyway, I'm sending it again along with my htb script and I'll tell you the problem once again:

I have a computer with ip 192.168.0.100 which is acting as a p2p server, so I want to shape traffic coming out from that ip, I have a linux box acting as a router with two NICs, server ip is 192.168.0.1. So I hope you can take a look at it and tell me why is it that everytime I have mldonkey or any other p2p software running on that computer I experience a lot of latency in my whole network with http traffic, maybe someone can help me out specify the burst and cburst parameters... and maybe even the quantum parameter, and some little explanation on it since I haven't been able to understand what the benefits of this parameters are.

The rates on htb child classes should not add up to any more that about 80% of the link speed. The parent rate and ceils should be equal to about 80% of link speed. I guess you already know for tc bps = bytes/sec. Read some of my recent posts about htb default on eth.

Check with iptables -L -v -n that the rules are matching as you expect - without testing I can't recall if the output one will see addresses.

Andy.