Re: Page allocation failure

Andrei Sandu wrote:
Hi list,

I have a very strange problem with my network. I have 2 internet connections: A - 1 Gbit, B - 100Mbps.
Network layout:

A, B | |
     [Brd1]
   /           \
[L1]       [L2]
   \           /
    [ GW1]
     Clients

Brd1 runs bgpd, and balances the traffic through L1 and L2.
L1 and L2 do traffic shaping.
GW1 does some packet filtering, and balances the traffic through L1 and L2.
Every interface is gigabit. (Realtek NICs)

I'm using IMQ on L1 and L2, to separate the traffic into 2 zones, international and local, with HTB for shaping.

Drop IMQ.. there are some other more standard solutions.

The system works fine for some time, but when the traffic hits 200Mbps, and ocassionally bursts to 250-300Mbps, L1 and L2 behave strangely (packet loss > 30%, increased latency +20ms), sometimes they even hang, leaving me with the only solution: rebooting them.

Acording to the logs, that's when your network cards go down. Do you have TX polling enabled in the kernel for 8169? Try enabling it. At 200 Mbps, how many kpp's go through the machines?

I've checked the CPU usage, it stays around 80% during the highest traffic.

I've examined the logs, and here is what i've found: