Re: HTB? (NEWBIE)

You should propably try:
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default 20
and not 30 cause your default class is 20 no?

On 1/20/07, Simone84bo <simone84bo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi to all
I am studying HTB on LARTC how to. I realize a simple configuration on
router:
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default 30
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 3mbit burst 15k
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 2mbit burst 15k
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:20 htb rate 1mbit burst 15k
tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:10 handle 10: sfq perturb 10
tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:20 handle 20: sfq perturb 10
tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 u32 match ip dport 80
0xffff flowid 1:10

After this configuration I make a ssh connection between client and server.
How the guide say I expect to see on router (with command tc -s qdisc ls dev
eth0) that unclassified traffic, like ssh, get rounded to 20: but it doesn't
happen. The count of ssh traffic packet result only on root qdisc. Why?
A second question if i want to limited rate of all my router which
configuration can i realize?

Thanks

 Sponsor:
 Problemi di Liquidità? Con Logos Finanziaria 30.000 € in 24 ore a
dipendenti e lavoratori autonomi con rimborsi fino a 120 mesi, clicca qui

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2911&d=20070120

Jordi Segués Daina
Andorra GSM: (+376) 35 35 68
France GSM: (+33) (0)6 81 88 35 55