Re: multipath device round robin not working?

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 06:44:54PM -0600, Grant Taylor wrote:
> On 01/15/07 15:20, zutph3n@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >Wow, that's a complicated solution. Nicely done:) But I think that's a
> >bit too complicated for my setup.... thx for the input anyway.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Indeed the set up is not simple.  You may consider talking with your ISP
> and seeing if they can assign one of your links an IP on a different subnet.
>
> I have found that ISPs that are worth their salt are willing to work
> with you to help you resolve these types of problems.
>

> Grant. . . .

something else to look for, because you have 2 nics in the same broadcast
domain  (http://cactuswax.net/blog/articles/2006/09/arp_ignore.html) explains
about arp_ignore.

In its default setup you are going to find i nic is going to arp respond for
both IP addresses!