Re: Using iptables level7/ipp2p match in a bridge

From: "Grant Taylor" <gtaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Yes there is.  Read my previous post
> (http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2006q4/019935.html) for more
> information.  In short, what you want to do is enable IPTables (layer 3
> and up) to be able to operate on bridged (layer 2) traffic.  "Bridged
> IP/ARP packets filtering" will allow you to do exactly what you are
> wanting to do.

Thank you for a reply which comes in so useful. I would like to get into
a bit more details. Assuming I have already enable the kernel options,
do you mean if I want to mark ipp2p traffic, I will do something like this :-

       iptables -A FORWARD -m ipp2p --ipp2p -j MARK --set-mark 6

If I set more options such as "-i eth0 -o eth1" will I be able to capture
the traffic more particularly  ?

Regards