Re: SIP, NAT, and load balancing problems

Rangi Biddle wrote:
What do you think of perhaps Francois using SER?

Well, I don't have a problem with SIP Express Router and / or / verses Asterisk (or any other SIP Soft Switch for that matter), however, I think the OP will still be facing the same problem.

That problem being binding a daemon to a single IP address and routing traffic to / from it with out messing up the packets. I am going to presume that Asterisk and / or SER will only be bound to a specific interface, not all of them. I'm not sure why the OP only wants to bind Asterisk to a single interface verses all of them, though I'm going to guess that s/he has a good reason for doing so.

It may be a case that Asterisk as the soft switch should be bound to the internal interface and SER bound to the external interface. This way, the SIP traffic can be passed through both interfaces natively, via both daemons. However, I think this would be more undo complexity for very little gain.

Grant. . . .