Problem with patch atm !

I Patch the kernel and tc with 'Patches to Linux's traffic control engineto allow it to accurately calculate ATM traffic rates'
I use a router with eth0 e adsl interface, i launch this script to have shaping on eth0 egress interface:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root tbf rate 10000000 burst 100k latency 20ms mtu 1500 mpu 64

The traffic enters on adsl and go out on eth0 , but the problem is rate limit on eth0 is not accurate !!
Do i have to use the overhead option ? How can i use this with snap encapsulation on my atm ?

P.S.
When traffic enters on eth0 and go out on adsl and i launch this script:

tc qdisc add dev atm0/0 root tbf rate 500000 burst 100k latency 50ms atm overhead 16

all works fine !

thank !