tc actions and accounting

Hi,

I'd like to account the data going out to an interface after shaping
and policing. At the moment, I'm using ipt_ACCOUNT for per-IP
accounting, but it counts packets regardless if they are dropped or
not. Using tc counters directly would force me to install one tc rule
per IP which I'd rather avoid.
My idea was to use tc actions with ipt_ACCOUNT, but I have no idea
what will be counted and how to specify an action for only some of
the data *after* shaping and policing.
The tc action documentation seems to suggest that the actions
happen at the time of PREROUTING/POSTROUTING in netfilter, so
that would not work for me.

As an alternative, I searched for a tc equivalent of ipt_ACCOUNT,
but I found nothing. My previous attempt to solve a similar problem
is here: http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2005q2/016271.html

Regards,
Carl-Daniel