VPN Solution

Greetings List Members,

I’ll firstly apologise if this isn’t the place that I should be posting this message but here goes.

What I want to do is have a VPN (PPTP/IPSEC/CIPE/etc) server, but it must support more than one simultaneous connection.

I currently have a PPTP VPN server setup that has port 1723 and protocol 47 DNAT’d through to the internal IP address of the VPN server and I have not been able to have more than one connection at a time.  I am considering setting up the VPN server as a gateway (for lack of a better word) and instead of DNATing the connections through to the internal IP I would setup a DMZ with the VPN server as the only host.  My only concern in doing so is that if it does not work what other options do I have besides getting a different connection type such as fibre?  I’m trying to do this as cheaply as possible.

Any and all comments/suggestions are welcome.

Rangi