LSA increase? Newbie question

Greetings,

I have been asked to use NetEm to do a laboratory emulation of some low performance links of subset of a target network. My task manager has asked me to determine whether LSAs will increase in the lab configuration as compared to the target network.

The subset of the target network that I have to emulate consists of 6 routers, A..F, in the following configuration, where (i) and (ii) represent two difference sets of link performance characteristics:

In the lab network, routers A..F will be connected to the same Linux box which will use NetEm to emulate the link characteristics. However, the Linux box will be using static routing.

My intuition tells me that LSAs would not increase because the Linux box will be using static routing, but I don't know anything about OSPF. Can someone else chime in on this?

Thanks in advance,

Bob