Re: Script for get bandwidth statistic from iptable

Thossapron Apinyapanha wrote:
i search a lot forum how to get bandwidth statistic such number of packet, total byte in each application protocol by using IPTABLES + netfilter-layer7 but i don't know which script for getting it in log file and use data after get it for plotting graph later my IPTABLES command like this iptables -t mangle -N all iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -j all iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -p udp --sport 4444 -j CLASSIFY --set-class 1:11 iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m layer7 --l7proto mms -j CLASSIFY --set-class 1:12 iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m layer7 --l7proto telnet -j CLASSIFY --set-class 1:13 iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m layer7 --l7proto ftp ftp-data -j CLASSIFY --set-class 1:14 iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m layer7 --l7proto http -j CLASSIFY --set-class 1:15

please advise me about perl script

Don't know about scripts as such - iptables -Lvn will give stats.

I think the above will need connmark aswell to work properly. I haven't tried l7 but suspect the above rules will only classify the first packets of each connection.

Andy.