QoS + TOS field

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to use Linux QoS. Default
setting has three queues (bands) and should prioretise
outgoing tarffic based on TOS field. I try to test
that by flooding Ethernet interface by netperf or
iptraf and running ping -f with -Q and without Q. -Q
doesn't affect ping results, it suffers anyway. It
seems that I don't understand something. I verified
that -Q traffic goes through higher prority queue.

I can make it work if I shape traffic at lower
priority queue, but I would like to avoid that,
becuase can't always predict bandidth of connection.

I would appreciate any insight on that.

Thanks,

Serge.