Re: RE: Doubts regarding classifiers available

Yongle Lai wrote:
Hi Krishna,

  1) If you want to classify according to MAC address, you could use iptables to mark the packet (using MARK target), but just source MAC is available for now.
  2) Usually tc just could classify by fields of IP layer and its sublayer, so I think classify by ethertype is unavailable.
  3) VLAN tag belongs to MAC layer! I'm not sure how to QoS for VLAN, can anybody give some advice?

Bests,
Yongle Lai

Hi,
I am a newbie working on tc tool, i want to know whether we have the following classifiers available
(1) source MAC address.
(2) destination MAC address.
(3) IEEE 802.1D user priority.
(4) Ethertype (IEEE 802.3, 1998 Length/Type Field).

Can any one help me in finding the help for the above classifiers.
Thanks in advance

tc filter protocol is ethertype most examples use ip you can use number or all, arp etc.

You can also match protocol at -2 with u32/u16.
You do the same for macs with mac of target machine 00:C1:26:0F:04:AD.

tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 12: prio 1 u32 \
match u16 0x00c1 0xffff at -14 \
match u32 0x260f04ad 0xffffffff at -12 \
flowid X:Y

User priority - you'll need to tcpdump -eXX and work out what offsets work.

Andy.