RE: tc is giving an error: RTNETLINK answers: File exists

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 08:31 +1000, Leigh Sharpe wrote:
> This is usually because you are attempting to create a class ID or a
Qdisc ID which already exists.
> Check what value $HANDLE is on each iteration, perhaps using an echo
on each pass to display it. I think you'll find it is trying to use the
same value twice.

> Regards,
>              Leigh
>
> Leigh Sharpe
> Network Systems Engineer
> Pacific Wireless
> Ph +61 3 9584 8966
> Mob 0408 009 502
> email lsharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> web www.pacificwireless.com.au

Thanks for the quick reply. Not only have I tried that, I inserted an
exit statement after the first iteration (to limit the info). The first
qdisc in the loop has the handle 1:76 and it's parent is 1:1. The only
other qdisc is the root qdisc that is created before the loop. The
script also does a reset, deleting any existing qdiscs, classes or
filters, before creating any new ones. Is there a limit to how large the
handle can be?

Cheers,

William Murphy
Network Administrator