Re: Re: Routing packets over multiple links (NICS) all on the same ISP all with same gateway.

On 8/16/06, Jarek Poplawski <jarkao2@xxxxx> wrote:
As far as I know multipath cached should work for routing output
of a current box but it's not working for router (if something
has not changed lately). Multipath without "cached" should do
simple randomization, but maybe for the begining it would be
better to assign fixed paths by source ip and save experimenting
with multipaths for later.

Jarek P.

Hi Jarek,

I will try with only multipath.

Ive tried the static routes. But still ive had trouble getting this code to work
ip ro add default  nexthop via x.x.x.x dev eth1 weight 1 nexthop via
y.y.y.y dev eth2
ip route add default table provider1 via x.x.x.x dev eth1
ip route add default table provider2 via y.y.y.y dev eth2
because x.x.x.x = y.y.y.y in my case. Somehow it doesnt look at the eth device anymore.