Re: Routing packets over multiple links (NICS) all on the same ISP all with same gateway.

On Monday 14 August 2006 12:42, Jacques Rompen wrote:
> Ok ive been trying to get this to work for about half a year now. Ive
> searched all over the internet for a solution for
> my  problem. Ive found some solutions, but they only led me to yet more
> problems.
>
> What we want to do is the following:
> I live in a student complex with 7 other people. Every room has its own
> internet connection from the same ISP.
> Ip, gateway, subnet are asigned through dhcp on mac-adres basis. Every
> internet connection is capped at 20mbit
> up/down.
> We want to get all computers on an internal network. So we need some sort
> of router that accepts all 8 internet
> connections and routes it out over a gbit nic -> switch -> internal network
> So we have a computer with 10 nics and "hopefully" enough internal
> bandwith.

one simple solution is in this post[1] (read all the thread if you whant a
context). Bassically it uses iptables CONNMARK to remembre to which iface(and
certanly wich src ip) each connection flow belongs.

You will have to use same gw in all ifaces, maybe the ip route "onlink"
ption(command line) make your script simpler. No need to use julian patch and
certanly DO NOT USE CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_CACHED in your kernel config.

Feel free to post any doubts.

Greets.

[1]http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2006q2/018964.html
Luciano