How to become your IP range...

I have laptops visiting my network.

If they're configured for DHCP then I have no problem.

However if they're got static IPs set then I want my server to set it self up automatically to provide internet access.

Eg.

Laptop Ip: 192.168.6.234 - just because the owners admin decided to.
Laptop default GW:  192.168.6.37 - also very random, but allowable...

My servers lan side is eth1, on detecting a packets running around with the ip range above, it will then assign a new ip range to it self so that the laptop will function.

Has anyone heard of an OSS system that will do this?

Cheers Don

--
Don Gould
www.thinkdesignprint.co.nz - www.tcn.bowenvale.co.nz - www.bowenvale.co.nz - www.hearingbooks.co.nz - SkypeMe: ThinkDesignPrint